Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hype to the Highest Level

April 05, was our last day to go out and explore. So despite the gloomy weather, we still went out. Hanami with ate’s school was cancelled due to the weather. :S Too bad, I was really looking forward to it. Di bale next year na lang.

So we woke up early (don’t want to be late), had breakfast and faced the cruel cold weather outside. Despite leaving early, we still got late (pooooof!!!) but Atsuko Sensei and Kazuya Sensei were really nice to shrug it off. It’s a no-no to be late with Japanese. Instead, they were glad that we were able to see them despite the weather.

The school just had a small space but it was perfect. Kids would love it that way. I can tell ‘coz I’m a kid myself. =)) It’s very conducive for learning and a fun place to be in. I’ll have my own soon. The Nakada’s daughter, Kiara, was such an adorable girl. :D Thank God the flippies were her size and Atsuko Sensei liked the bag. Kazuya Sensei we’ll make it up to you when you visit us here. =)

After our short meeting with the Nakadas, we set off for Roppongi Hills. After days of postponing, we were finally there. The hills is the shizzzz baby! Tall towers everywhere, people walking fast, expensive houses, you bet you’re in Roppongi.

We walked for miles again. hahaha! Lakad lang ng lakad. Ate wanted papa to see the mall (or was it a tower?) showed in the television back home. Then after that, we made our way to Tokyo Tower. Holy Week was over but we were still doing our sacrifice. nyahahaha! Walking uphill is such a pain in the feet, not a** goof. ;p

After what seemed like forever, we finally reached Tokyo Tower. Okay, I thought we were just going to stay somewhere but the tickets ate bought is 150 meters high. :S I was in a bad mood since I am really a scaredy cat when it comes to heights. They should’ve left me at the lobby. Ate was in a bad mood as well since I didn’t want to go why didn’t I tell her daw. So I summoned all the strength I could get and faced my fear. I didn’t look the entire time we were in the elevator. Then it took me a while before I was able to look at the window and see how high we were. whew! I don’t mind looking at the window inside the plane which is weird that I can’t look outside the window of a 150-meter high tower which is considerably lower than 30,000 feet (plane level). haaaaay!!! But I thought it cost quite a fortune so why not enjoy it??

Fear of heights conquered. Okay, I still wouldn’t jump off an aircraft and go skydiving but I agree that it’s a different place up there. It would’ve been fantabulos to see the city lights at night. So who knows, I MIGHT go back to Tokyo Tower at night next time. =)

The Nakadas picked us up past five to have dinner. They said that since they weren’t able to take us out, hope a dinner would suffice. It was more than enough. We only wanted to meet and thank them for being sooooo nice to ate, nothing more than that. So it was really nice of them to take us out.

Shabu-shabu is lalalalalooooove. ♥♥♥ Like what I said in a previous blog, I am not a fan of Japanese food but this one, made me happy and full to the brim. :D It gives you natural high. heeeey! Not shabu! Shabu-shabu. Natural nga eh. =))

I was a bit hesitant to eat at first. At the back of my mind, I was thinking is it possible to cook your food with just boiling water? The answer is yes. For one, it’s sizzling hot and two, it was beef strips so it’s easier to cook. What a delight! Oishi indeed. =D

We headed home after our very happy dinner. What a way to say goodbye. :D We were rushing to get back home ‘coz Ate Arlene and Kuya Dante were coming home from Osaka. They finished their business pronto to see us off (I guess?) and mum wanted to cook them dinner.

When we got home, there were two pairs of shoes already. BOOOOO!!! Nauna sila samin. :S They were asleep so we went upstairs quietly. My last day in Sushilandia was very, very memorable. ‘til then…

No comments:

Post a Comment