Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I miss Sydney

I can’t help but look back what happened to me exactly a year ago… I’ve been doing random time check since the other day because that was the time that mum and I left for Sydney to have some fun. :D

As I am making this blog, we were on our way to my aunt’s place in Melbourne. But let me share with you why I just can’t get enough of my Sydney trip… I will make one about my Melbourne trip soon.

March 09, 2009, while the rest of my block was heading down to Calaruega (up to this day, I wished that I was able to go to my retreat then had my Aussie trip), I was on my way to the airport with mum for our Sydney trip. It was really a difficult decision for me since it was my one and only retreat, my one last chance to bond with my friends and blockmates before we all go our separate ways. On the other hand, if I missed the flight, my visa would be expired for the second time in a row. So clearly, it was Sydney or Sydney?? Kidding! Mum actually gave me a choice but I couldn’t miss Aussie another time. So with a heavy heart, I went against the flow. Believe me, my heart and soul was with you guys during your retreat. I even had my own retreat letters. :D I had my “soul-searching” by the beach for an hour instead of three days.

We arrived in Sydney 8pm and waited for Tito Jonathan to pick us up. The trip to their place was quite long, almost an hour, 80kph-100kph. Imagine how far. Tired as I was, I kept my eyes wide open to see everything. :D

Finally, we got to their place and it was really nice to see Tita Amy and the kids all grown up. They had crab for dinner while I had pasta (Tita Amy prepared it just in case I didn’t like to eat crab. Thanks tita!). Then we settled in our designated room and had our well-deserved sleep.

Next day, we woke up early, had yummy breakfast and off we went with Tita Amy. She took the day off to tour us around. :D I had a blast touring around Sydney once again. It was my first ever trip and going back to my childhood memories made me feel like a kid again. Sydney will always have a special place in my heart. ♥♥♥ I seriously want to migrate there. It’s one of the few choices I have for migration. :D

We had lunch at the Establishment, it’s one of the good restos there where professionals have their lunch. Yummy steak! :D They even have catchy photos around the resto. Chefs and people covered in veggies and fruits ONLY. Enticing right? =))

After lunch, tita had to do some errands and so we went separate ways. Mum and I went to the Opera House, Circular Quay and Hyde Park. Mum asked me if I wanted to go see the Sydney Aquarium once more but I said no na. Once is enough and I was thinking we could use the money for other stuff instead. We had an awesome time eating Baskin’ Robbins. Yumyumyum!!! :D

We went strolling around the city and took lots of photos. I loved being inside the Church. Super quiet. All my memories of that place came rushing. The place felt the same. It was still the same. I love how time flies and things are still constantly the same and you love it the way it is. Mum and I waited for Tito Jonathan at the train station parking lot.

The next day, it was with yet another heavy heart that we packed our things and said goodbye to the kids, tito, tita and their cozy home. We left our stuff at tita’s office and toured Central once more. We went to shops we’ve never been to. I am definitely in love with Sydney. ♥♥♥ We had lunch with tita at a Thai restaurant and I must admit that I eat Pad Thai from that moment. :D

Tita Amy gave mum some money to buy the “kids” aka me, ate and kuya stuff because she didn’t know what we want daw. She didn’t have to. Their hospitality was more than enough for us. We picked up our stuff around 4pm and said our warmest gratitude to Tita Amy and the rest of the Wenceslao family.

We stayed in Bardwell Park station, waiting for Tito Rod. The man was surprised to see our baggage. Napabuhat siya ng wala sa oras eh. Instant macho. Thanks tito! :D We had early dinner at this membership resto. Uncle Vernon was a member of this golf area that caters a variety of cuisine. Lamb chops, yumyum! :D

We went to their place to have some coffee before they sent us off to the airport. I really had an AWESOME time in Sydney. It was one helluva trip. Sayang bitin. I shall be back soon my Sydney. ;p

P.S You might be wondering why I am blogging this after a year. Why?? For the simple reason that I can’t get enough of my Sydney experience and it’s refreshing to relive my adventures when I don’t have to worry about anything and just be plain care-free. I miss that. But I miss Sydney the most! Take me there!!! ‘til then… ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment