Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dora invades Land of the Rising Sun

March 25, mum, pap and I trooped to the airport with our carry-ons and check-in baggage. We had to wait for a few minutes before they allowed us to check-in. Mum had to check with the airport people what the load was. Thankfully, they made all their efforts to bank us seats. Puno kasi ang economy. So there I was trying not to grin because my bakal still hurts but I was secretly wishing that we would be upgraded. Pero economy class yung boarding pass naming so goodbye dream. You would think I’m such an ungrateful kid. It’s not that, but business class is heaven on earth. But that moment, whatever it takes to take us to ate. :D

While we killed time before boarding, our names were paged. I had two things in mind that time: One, we may be denied boarding at the last minute OR we were going to be upgraded. So when mum approached the counter, it wasn’t either of the two. We were given better seats instead. Yung nasa boarding pass kasi sa dulo na so they moved us in the bulk area (more legroom) plus tanaw ang Mabuhay class. So near yet so far away ang drama ko. haaaaaaaay…

We were oh so prepared for this trip that mum had to buy stuff in the morning of our flight. Eto na yata ang pinakasabog na trip namin. =)) Because of that, we had our pseudo lunch before boarding around two in the afternoon. Isang slice ng pizza lang!

So when hot meals were served during the flight, I ate it with gusto even if my bakals was giving me a hard time. Nothing will stop me from eating! I must say, the chicken teriyaki was good for airplane standards. ;p On second thought, I was just extremely hungry that’s why it tasted so good. LOL

As I was starting to get bored, I took photos of the clouds outside (I love window seat!) and random things. My eyes finally fell on the tv set waiting for me. =) Individual tv sets on economy?? Now that’s not so bad. So I played tetris for a bit and watched a movie until we landed in the Land of the Rising Sun aka Sushilandia. =D

It was drizzling outside and as soon as we stepped out the aircraft, it was freezing! I had to wear my jacket and mind you I was wearing long sleeves. Ganun kalamig. Thank heavens ate was such a genius for bringing extra boots for me or my feet would’ve been frozen.

The train ride was fine since we were comfortably seated and it had heater (yeeeey!). The only thing was it was an express train and it didn’t stop in our station so we had to take another train back. Two stations lang naman. Patawa si tourist guide lumagpas tuloy kami. =))

From the train station, we took a cab to get to the place we were staying in. Maraming, maraming salamat po Kuya Dante at Ate Arlene. =D Sisterrific had some troubles giving the direction to the driver and ended up calling Kuya Dante for help. Mag-aral ka nga talaga ng Nihonggo. ;p

Finally, we were “home”. We unloaded our stuff from the cab, took it inside the house, settled in for a moment and had late dinner. Pizza yumyum! So Dora has finally landed in Japan. ‘til then.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment