Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Patience is a Virtue :D

Patience is a virtue… and I never got to master it until now. For the longest time, I’ve been in the house and was a bum. Someone who doesn’t have a work. Someone who highly depends on parents’ money for gimmicks. Someone you could say useless. I was that for months! Six months to be exact except for a short stint for an events company.

Like what I have blogged in the past, I took April and May off after graduation. I said to myself that it would be my last vacation. Once work starts, I won’t be enjoying that luxury anymore. As it turned out, my vacation extended more than I intended. There was a time that I was actually the one who wanted to work. But my dream company remained as it is. A dream company. I had several exams and passed them all but the interview didn’t push through.

I was deeply sad but had to get back on my feet. I sent resumes left and right. None of them appealed to me. Then, I stumbled across the events and helped out a friend. It was a fun experience since I get to be surrounded by futboleros. :) Then, I went back to job hunting. I turned all of it down, it was either not-so-good offer or too far.

So mum asked me if I wanted to go back to school instead. I did that and barely a month back in school, I got a call from my dream company and asked if I was still interested. They offered me a different position which I accepted eventually.

I am currently two weeks in training and I think that this is actually patience. I learned the art of patiently waiting and here it is, a shot to be in my dream company. I have been studying codes left and right, trying to get the best grade there is. It’s an elimination process. You must get a specific grade or you’ll be cut-off. So far, so good. I enjoy learning and have met new friends in training. I know God listens and He actually wants us to be patient. ‘til then… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment