Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Mabuhay ka Kuya Ef! :D

Once again, a Filipino brought pride to all of us. Efren Peñaflorida was one of the ten nominees for CNN’s honor award. All ten had very awesome advocacies but of course I supported our very own, Kuya Ef. More known as Kuya Ef to people, he educates little kids with the use of a kariton. Together with the DynamicTeen, they go to areas in Cavite and give lectures to kids, all for FREE using a kariton as a mobile classroom. I truly believe that the key to success is through education. Yes, Bill Gates has proven that you can actually succeed without a college diploma but how many Bill Gates do we have? I was truly inspired by Kuya Ef that I want to join their team someday…or maybe I could start my own kariton education, Las Piñas Chapter. ;p

I read about his advocacy and voted a few times with the limit per day. I’m elated that Pinoys and foreigners too voted for him. Since it was net voting, I believe that the Filipinos played a major role and voted for him. But I’d like to believe that foreigners around the world had their attention on him too. How could you not appreciate someone who is as simple as you are and make a BIG difference?

It was such a great feeling to see him, anticipating if he will receive the award. Boy, I was very happy when they called his name. :) Wearing our very own, Barong Tagalog, together with his mentor (?), he got up, beamed and went up the stage to get his well-deserved trophy. The trophy was just an icing on the cake. To be acknowledged world-wide would be the best feeling in the world. Mind you, the guy never wanted to be exposed. He only wanted people to know that if you want something, nothing will ever get in the way. If there was one thing that he wanted, that was probably to let all the people know about his advocacy. Inform the people of the advocacy but not to make himself known.

“Be the change this world needs you to be”. Collectively, all our small changes will make a big difference. I am just a simple person but Kuya Ef’s victory speech struck me and made me desire to become a better person. Man for others as the Ateneo tagline would say. You can JUST be an ORDINARY person but you do EXTRA ORDINARY things to other people. I think that’s what matters most. :)

Kuya Efren, maraming salamat dahil lalo akong naging mas proud maging Pinoy. I couldn’t really put into words my joy because of you. Thank you for being an inspiration of dreaming big and of change. I am considering of volunteering for Dynamic Teen and I want to educate kids as well. Mabuhay ka Kuya Ef! ‘til then… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment