Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Because the chic is now a man :))

Veintiuno. Such a pleasing word to my ear. Meaning the chic will be a man. My coming of age as a gentleman. =)) I am the chic with three balls remember? ;p

Vi and I had this awesome idea last June that we’ll throw a party together to celebrate our twenty-first. We only turn 21 once right? So why not go grand all the way? We had these cool plans. As in we had Plan A, Plan B and Plan C so in case the first doesn’t work out, we still have other plans to execute.

We had five months to plan out. Come November, vi said she wouldn’t celebrate anymore. I didn’t want to celebrate either. We both felt that we shouldn’t be celebrating after all the calamities that the country went thru. But on second thought, I felt that this was our only chance to celebrate our coming of age. Next year would be different and the next years to come. We wouldn’t be twenty-one by then.

So I pushed thru with the plan. Though there were a lot of changes from the “grand” celebration we had in mind. I decided to go with a bonggang simpleng party. Meaning, bongga pero in reality simple lang. Get me? ;p

Vi connection worked tirelessly for this party to be a success. :D Special shout out to pebs, driver, wongki, tuki, dawn, q and naj for all the moral, physical and financial support. A gazillion thanks lovies! >:D<
But before I tell you about our wickedly awesome party, let me tell you about my awesome birthday. That’s a totally different thing guys. =))

I was born November 17, 1988 at 10:05 am under Caesarian section (now that’s what I call trivia). Who would believe that this little piece of heaven can’t get out of you-know-where? =)) Twenty-one years of awesome life that I owe to mama and papa. My siblings are totally cool that I wouldn’t exchange them for anyone in this world. My extended family’s always there for me all the days of my life. My friends have been exceptionally fantabuloso! Thru thick in thin talaga. :D

 To ALL of YOU, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart. :D

Sideline kwento: I was on my way to bed, when I got this message from a dear friend. It said, “Rach, sorry late yung greeting ko. Pero promise di ko nakalimutan. Kakauwi ko lang kasi tapos nagloko yung fone ko kanina. Happy Birthday!”

That would have been really heart-warming… Only it wasn’t November 17! It wasn’t even November yet!!! My dear friend, di, greeted me on October 17! So I give her the excited much award! =)) Dude, November not October. You’re not late, but rather too early for a greeting. Hindi ako yung may birthday nun. Yung dati kong crush yun. hahaha!

Next one, yzuelte couldn’t wait for the clock to hit twelve so she greeted me three hours earlier. I totally understand and thanks a lot for remembering all these years chica. :D

Then it hit midnight. Here’s a rundown of all the awesome people who greeted me.
Veintiuno greeters:

Of course mi familia! Mama, Papa, Kuya and Ate thanks a lot for making me feel special each and every day. Indeed, I am a princess. :D
Then here’s the list of all my texters, facebookers, callers and what-nots… (top 17 only then it’s random)

1. Kath aka q
2. Ton aka bestfriend
3. Jay
4. Itchan
5. Jasper aka photogriver
6. Sam aka sammy
7. Cassey aka bestie’s yet another bestfriend…kidding! ;p
8. Kat aka ket
9. Brad aka ding
10. Meg aka baru :D
11. Mara aka student
12. Nicole aka tuki
13. Rhaiks aka rako
14. Christheart
15. Carlos aka wongki
16. Paola aka soulmate
17. Kirae aka insan

Ate jean
Awee
Nes
Syd
Ave
Jayme
Marv
Kuya Jan
Lucky
Maike
Patek
Gen
Bea
Christel
Mario
Mother earth Tina
Bene
Mae
Riza
Annie
Alberto
Andreas
Andrew
Tito Cap
Nikki
Janelle
Ate Maan
Mother earth Lolit
Kuya Carlof
Tito Ed
Dawn
Mikee
Wilson
Thea and Jude
Isabel
Nathan thru Isabel
Patrick
Inna
Ate Pia
Kim
Emong
MC
Tenten
Kat
Ate Daisy
Titan
Bom
Di
Eka
Mik
Ate Pleng
Ate Kaz
Sandra
Ekay
Ate Irene
Kuya Josh
Ate Gina
Ate Iyah
Chrisma
Ly
Jester
Cilla
Joicey

Special shout-out to Joicey for being the in-the-nick of time texter-greeter! :D To my bud, cilla, thanks for dropping a call. I’m really touched that you called me all the way from Toblerone land just to greet me. You’re my last caller-greeter. :D

Of course if there is an excited much type of greeter, there’s also a better-late-than-never greeter…

Nishi
Karl
Mai
Nikkie
Margie
Mommy
JT
Ate Tin
Trisch
Cielo

I hope I didn’t miss anyone. IF I did, I’m really sorry. =( I’ll treat you to buko. ;p

Our party was totally rockin’. Since I wanted to help out the typhoon victims, I made it to a party for a cause. Friends were so game to help out. Maraming maraming salamat sa pagtugon sa aking munting hiling. :D


Vi brought her friends from bene and apc and I brought my college friends. So it was like a soiree! :D It was indeed wickedly awesome! That’s all because the chic is now a man. =)) ‘til then…

No comments:

Post a Comment