Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Case of The Needles

*A series of blogs will be posted so please bare with me. Sorry for the super late blogs. It’s my first time to blog for this month…last day pa ng month!tsk!

I did this blog over a month ago but the fool multiply wasn’t able to publish it. I didn’t save it as draft so no back-up. L BOOOOO!!! So now, I’m doing this in Word so it’s sure that I can retrieve it in case of any fortuitous events. =))

Anyway, back to my story. Over a month ago, I went to the doctor to ask for a medical certificate. I needed it for my requirements in grad school. The doctor could have made me one in an instant but no, she wanted me to submit my stool and urine samples. She also required me to have CBC. I suddenly went crazy! CBC equals NEEDLE encounter!

I am not a fan of THE needle! My tolerance for pain is below zero. :S My first memory of THE needle encounter was during 4th grade. The school gave free vaccine for whatever and my mum signed me up. :S Brutal din ang nanay ko. Sabi niya, para naman daw sakin yun. haaaay! The nurse said, “Para lang kagat ng langgam ‘to”. Indeed it was. Yung langgam nga lang bullet ant. Toinks!!!

Since then, I literally avoided needles. That’s the main reason why I try not to get sick. Ayoko ma-ospital at lagyan ng dextrose. Aguuuuuuy yun!

But some things can’t be avoided as much as we want to. I had my next needle encounter when I was fourteen. The meanie pricked my finger. Ang tagal pa bago kami natapos kasi hinihila ko yung kamay ko. Hahaha! A tiny prick could bleed so much! It hurt a lot!!! Tae talaga.

So I included it in my to-do list before I turned 18. I had to face my fear. Fear of the blood and fear of the NEEDLE! They asked me to prick my finger. My heartless friends weren’t so heartless since they thought it was too much. So they asked me to prick someone else’s finger with a lancet.

Poor lj had to be the victim. He volunteered himself since needles are not his enemies. haha! The mere thought that I would cause someone pain is a torture for me already. Tapos little brother ko pa. Double torture. The foolio didn’t mind getting his finger murdered! Hassle talaga. Why can other people can and I can’t?!

Then the time came when I got sick. I wasn’t feeling well and they had to check if I had dengue. Meaning they needed my blood sample. Talaga nga naman! I had my eyes closed the entire time. I felt the needle in my skin right thru my vein. As soon as the procedure was done, I was all pale and clummy. I asked my sister if I can cry. She said I can if I wanted to. At talagang humagulgol ako doon! Yung batang katabi ko kinunan rin pero wala lang. Steady lang siya. Hanep!

So when the doctor said I needed to have CBC, she became my personal nightmare. Okay lang naman na wala na yun eh. Mother assured me that their medtech is very good and that I wouldn’t feel a thing. I did. I felt the needle out of my skin but it was done. I survived…or I spoke too soon. I had chills. It was a sunny day but I wore my jacket because I felt cold. I turned pale and felt sick. Okay ako nung pumunta, uuwi akong masama ang pakiramdam. Very good doc!kidding. Pinakain ako ng nurse ng candy kasi bumaba daw ang sugar ko sa kaba. Sure enough, when I had a candy, it felt great. Parang Honeyduke’s kay Harry after a dementor attack. =))

I seriously have a bad case of the needles! I might subject myself for the med students’ experiment…on second thought, ayoko pala! ;p Di bale nang takot kaysa naman maging human pin cushion! ‘til then…

No comments:

Post a Comment