Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My longest roadtrip...

* September has been extremely action-packed and in a week's time will be over! Oh no! So I beg your pardon if my blogs are a bit late. There will be a series of blogs to cover everything that has happened to me the previous weeks. Please bear with me. Thanks and enjoy reading! :)

...ever. I have never travelled by land for more than three hours. So when the clan went on a roadtrip to Tuguegarao, I was a bit anxious. I am the world's biggest biyahilo. I get dizzy with a one-hour trip! What more a 12-hour drive?? I have never outgrown motion sickness nor will I ever outgrow it. :(

Luckily, we got the trip in ten hours. :D We could've made it eight if we didn't get lost. The driver took a shortcut which made the trip longer as he had the direction all wrong. tsk!

The farthest I've been to is in Iba, Zambales when I was a kid. I barely remember the trip but I know we go there every year for my mum's office outing. Siguro tulog ako sa biyahe kaya 'di ko matandaan.

I didn't sleep before the trip ( I came from a chill-out session) and I was so sleepy. I finally slept around 8am. We already left my turf, and all I can see was green, green. green. Tinulugan ko na ang biyahe. Pagkagising ko bukirin pa rin. Ewan ko nasaan na kami. Basta alam ko malayo na sa Iba yun. :)) I was told we were somewhere in Nueva Vizcaya.

Lunch came and we had to stop to eat and off we go again. I took photos from time to time adoring the scenery. Ang saya malayo sa gulo at ingay ng Maynila. I took some zzzz again and was surprised that we were still not in Tuguegarao. Actually, we were Alcala-bound. It's 45 minutes (taking a bus) from Tuguegarao. It's really a big thing that we had a van for this trip or I would've died of the loooooong trip. Yung private trip nga nabaliw na ko, ano pa kaya kung nakabus ako??

Around 5pm, we finally arrived and it was such a relief to stretch my short legs and stand up. :)) I did turn around every two hours. I don't want any butt sores. haha!!!

Fast-forward to two days later... We were home-bound. It started to rain when we left. We could've arrived in Manila 3am. That was the worst scenario. We were travelling on a private van naman kasi. But NO!!! Despite having a private ride, we got stranded!

No thanks to the landslide in Nueva Vizcaya we had to wait for eight, painfully boring hours! I've never had problems being in total darkness. But that time, it felt sooooo eerie. Siguro kasi nasa kawalan kami. Hindi ko alam ang lugar at sobrang dilim talaga! Siguro ganun ang nararamdaman ng mga bulag. Madilim lahat. Nakakalungkot talaga. The place was sooooooo quiet thus making me double insane. I hate silence! Thanks to my mp3 and dawn's trusty ipod I made it thru.

BOOOOO you landslide!!! Mother Nature reacts...

The road was opened 7am and we didn't waste time. Singit kung singit. We finally escaped hell and spotted the nearest food chain in sight. Everyone was staaaaarving! Good thing we had a looooot of stock of food during this trip. We managed to survive. :D

We got home 4pm because we stopped in Manila to have lunch. The trip almost took an entire day! Grabe talaga. whew! Si kuya talaga yung pinaka-kawawa samin. He took the bus going there 'coz he had to work on a holiday! His trip took 22 hours and then 22 hours back. Two hours lang siya nagpahinga. My cousin said he was on unli-trip. hahaha!

So there goes my longest roadtrip ever. I hope getting stranded won't happen again. At sana hindi ganun katagal ang biyahe to Baguio. Take me there. :) 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment