Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cagayan Experience

*This post looks like a page from a journal so I beg your pardon. I can't think of any other way to tell you how my Cagayan Experience went except thru this. haha!

Day 1 --- September 06, 2009

We arrived in Baybayog almost 5pm. Everyone was exhausted from the trip but we went to see Tito Ambo one last time and extend our sympathy to my cousins, Tita Clarita and all the people in Alcala who will surely miss Tito. So we just unloaded our stuffs, rested a bit and went to talk to people.

I was cringing in pain no thanks to my lack of iron. gets niyo na yun. Itinulog ko na nga lang yung sakit. BOOOO!!! The pain eased away that night and I was able to socialize with people. It's tough being the "only" child these days. Oh well.

My cousins were drinking green apple vodka but I had to pass once again. My three months was still not over. So I was literally just hanging-out and enjoying the time with them. :)

Day 2 --- September 07, 2009

I felt sooooo much better and was back on track. :) Finally taking in the Cagayan vibe. I love being away from the hustle and bustle of the Metro for a change. Ang tahimik at simple talaga ng buhay sa probinsiya. I like to experience that once in a while. It was a perfect time to clear my head from all the things that had been impeding me from thinking clearly. :)

Oh my gosh! The food was oh sooooo yummy! Siguro tumira lang ako ng one week doon, tataba na ko. haha! Panalo talaga sa sarap. :D My Nillo cousins arrived early that afternoon.

Then late that afternoon, two piggies were sacrificed for the handaan that night and the thanksgiving the next day.

Emo shot at the bridge

Galey! I turned vegetarian for a day. Well not really. But I didn't eat any pork that day. Manok ang kinain ko plus veggie on the side. Nanghina talaga ko nung pinapanood ang piggy. I feel you. Sorry, isa kang piggy. :c

That night, a necrological service was held for tito. I was assigned to take photos and I was up for the job. Madrama na ang moment, when my cousin's monoblock chair broke down. As in major toinks! Hindi ko alam kung tatawa ako or tatahimik na lang...

The little boy did what no one else would have dared. He pointed at his uncle and laughed his a** off! Everyone else followed suit. Well we didn't point at Kuya Amby but we just laughed with Miggy. Nakakatawa naman kasi pag inisip mo. Sablay lang talaga ang timing! Kuya Amby, I think it's time to lose some weight. Konting-konti lang naman. :D

Panalo talaga si Miggy. :)) Yun ang highlight ng gabi.

I barely knew my Tito Ambo. Having grown in the Metro all my life and him in the province, there was no chance to know him more. But my mum would tell me stuff about their childhood from time to time and from there, I came to think that tito was a good person.

Those people who knew him best painted a picture of him in my mind of how good of a person he was. :) He was indeed a loving husband, great dad, generous kuya and just as humane as he can be.

Day 3 --- September 08, 2009

We had a Mass in the morning before finally laying tito to his final resting place. Waterworks for everyone. Pero siyempre may patawa moment pa rin. As Tita Clarita was saying goodbye, ang bilin niya mamimiss niya daw si tito pero 'wag na daw bumalik kasi matatakot siya! Moment na eh, sabay toinks. hehe!

After the interment, we went back to have lunch and rest for a bit before finally heading back home.

We will surely miss you Tito Ambo but we are comforted of the thought that you are in heaven and watching over us. At least you can now partey hard with all our dearly departed. :) 'til we meet again tito! So that's my Cagayan Experience. 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment