Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Aftershocks

I was watching the sunset from our water tank (sorry we don't have a terrace. haha!) and realizations dawned on me. I really wanted to see the sunset as I bid the month of August goodbye. This month has been the best yet the worst I've had this year. Sure, some of my favorite people were born this month and my parents' anniversary to boot. But I've also experienced the lowest of the lowest points in my life for a long time...

The month started with Tita C's passing away. :( A loss for the entire country. Let's not forget what she fought for. Let's all do our best to make this country a better place to live in. :)

I was doing pretty well until my great depression came in the form of my job disappointment (read previous blog). I felt totally useless and completely disheartened about it. But I'm over that now. :D

As if that wasn't enough, I was shaken by the recent events around me. I can't really elaborate it but if you guys have an idea about it, you know what I'm talking about...

It's tough to act and play dumb about things that you shouldn't know. You can't b*tch around 'coz you're not supposed to know about it. You can't meddle about it 'coz you weren't there. You can't talk about it right now 'coz it's not the right time. You don't understand why people are so insensitive of others.You see money as the root of evil indeed.

I felt like an earthquake shook my life and aftershocks followed it. I mean aftershock after aftershock. Ganun kadami. :S Sooner or later, I'll be wanting to spend some time in Manda. Meron akong suite doon. ;P Care to keep me company? As I was admiring the sunset (awesome sight all the time), I can't help but think that as the month ends, another one will start tomorrow. A fresh, new month is here. :D Fresh start and new hope for me and everything else...

Twilight takes over and what an enthralling transition it is. From orange-pinky sky to semi-darkness. I like to think that this is what it's about. I am merely experiencing twilight but come tomorrow, the sun will rise again. It will rise for me. :D

Ber month is about to unfold, I sincerely wish on a falling star and solemnly pray that it's going to be a better month than August. I still think that August was a good month despite my earthquake and aftershocks. :D If September turns out to be challenging like August, then there's October and the next month and the next month after that. It's all about the perspective baby. :D

When the right time comes, I hope WE will rise above the challenge. We're tougher than this right? I really hope that the earthquake will not tear us apart. I hope someone understands this post. :D Sorry if it's oh so vague. I just wanted to vent out and let you know about it though not really telling you what it is I'm venting out. Basta yun na yun. ;P 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment