Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

She :D

is my travelling buddy
is my personal financer
is my strict disciplinarian
is my superhero
is my life guru
is whatever we need her to be
is my pillar of strength
is my father's loving wife
is my Tinkerbell
is my mama

I can go on and on about my mother but I'm giving you the best ten things about her. :D My mama is the best ever. Though I am two months late with this post, I still want to let the world know what a beautiful person she is. :D

My mama ( I also call her mommy, mum, madre and mutti) is the fourth of ten siblings. Having a big family, they were left to help their parents in any way possible. She often tells us how they lived a hard life. Despite this, my grandparents were able to send them to school and all ten offsprings managed to get a degree (tama di ba??). She worked in Metropolitan Hospital where she met my father. After some years, she transferred to PAL.

Since then, she has been working in the office while papa looks after us. I didn't really understand why that was the case. I felt like our household was different from the others. While everyone in my class had their mummies during school events, my mum was in the office working. Back then, I felt like I wasn't loved 'coz I thought she didn't want to see me during those events.

When I finally had the sense to understand things, I completely understood our set-up. It wasn't about not being loved, on the contrary, it was ALL about being LOVED. My mum had to be in the office and had to miss my events so that she could send me and my siblings to the best school there is. She didn't really left me all alone. She made sure that papa was there to see me. There were times that she would attend when pap couldn't make it. :)

Though she is tired from work, she managed to cook dinner for us, check my homework and sometimes helped me with my projects. My mum is a super human! My siblings used to tease me how did I ever come up with the idea that I wasn't loved. Among the three of us, they said I have the best life. When I thought about it, they had a point. I was and still am the spoiled one. Being the youngest has its perks. ;P

mama and i during our recent trip together in koala land :)

I am like mama who is not expressive with emotions. Rare are the moments that we would show affection. But now that we both have "matured", flashes of sweetness are seen more often. She is a friendly tyrrant. She knows when to be strict and when to be lenient.

We both love to eat. She's been all over the world and that is something that I really like about her. I would be more than happy if I could be half of what she is.

Mum has made sure that we have everything in life. She may not have given us what we wanted but she secured us with what we need and showered us with soooo much love.

I couldn't wait for the day that I would be able to repay her in my own little way. I want them (her and pa) to have the life they truly deserve. :D We still have to go to Venice and ride a gondola. :)

I love you mama! You are the best. Rachie is proud of you. :D 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment