Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Magic is the word

Last Friday, July 17, my friends and I went to watch Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, the sixth installment of seven books. I waited loooooong for this and I couldn't be more excited when the time has finally come for me to watch it. :)

We reserved tickets predicting that it would be hard to come by on the weekend opener. Our call time was before 9pm to claim our tickets or we forfeit the reservation. 8-8:30 pm was the "meeting time". But as always, good old friends "forgot" to comply. Okay, okay, kayo na ang busy. Pero reservation kasi natin nakasalalay doon eh.

Tempers were running high. Merong irita kasi ang gulo ng usapan, merong irita kasi ang layo ng pinang-galingan tapos siya yung una, merong atat sa call time, merong naliligaw sa ibang lugar, yun pala may side trip pang pinuntahan, merong chill lang kasi lahat hot na.

Good thing, our workaholic friends had extra dough to cough up for you. Next time, ang late manlilibre ha! :)) That's what I love about my friends. Though different we are, we are all the same. It's a difficult thing to explain but I think you know what I mean. One moment, everyone's pissed off, next moment, we're all laughing at some crazy jokes.

Rarely would you see me out with friends watching a flick. I've explained it over and over again that I find it wasting time, money and energy to do this. Don't get me wrong, I love watching flicks, it's the most relaxing thing for me but it's not exactly what I call bonding time. So the rare occassions you see me out with friends for a movie night means one thing. It's either I really want to see the movie that I don't mind "missing the bonding time" or I love you. :)) Seriously, pumapayag lang ako mag-movie kung yun talaga ang agenda namin. So "let's go see a movie", spur of the moment thing won't work with me. Dapat naka-set ang mind ko na manonood. haha!

Over all, the movie was okay, but if you've read the book like me, you would feel blah about the whole thing. Fine, fine there's the cinematography to think of. Looking at a different perspective, it wasn't really bad. On the contrary, it was full of humor ( I love the Brit humor!) and the effects were good. :)

I felt really magical watching it. Tipong Hogwarts student rin ako at witch ako. eeeeeek eeeeek! It's my secret dream to find Hogwarts and meet Cormac. LOL

On a serious note, I don't need Hogwarts, a wand or a broomstick to fly. All I need is my family, my brothas and sistahs from otha mothas. :D I call them friends. Some managed to become super friends and there are the super duper friends that took the name of friendship on a totally different level. :D Friends, super friends and super duper friends, it all boils down to the deep friendship I have with each and everyone of you. I am 100% sure that God loves me big time. For He has given me a lovring (loving na, caring pa!) family and a fantabulous (fantastic na, fabulous pa!) set of friends. :D

I feel really magical when I am with you friends. I feel that I can do a perfect love potion for those hopeless romantic, transfigure myself into whatever you need me to be, defend you against the Dark Arts aka bad vibes, nasty, rude people, etc or do some Charms on you (ipinilit??). I can play I mean game of Quidditch but in reality that's just volleyball. Some of us shared triumphs and defeats with the team.

You have been amazingly crazy, insanely serious thru the years but we all stuck it out. Alam na alam kung sino ang for keeps. :) Malapit, malayo, nasaan ka man, kaibigan kita, maraming salamat! :D

Hey you, yes you! You, the one reading this, you're my dear fella, thanks for your awesomeness. :D Don't ever be a stranger or I would surely be sad.

Cheers to a lifetime friendship! :D 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment