Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

Hardworking hard workers

This morning, I woke up early, 10 am to go to the mall with pap to withdraw some cash and buy some grocery. I only had eight and a half hours of sleep and was a bit cranky about it. But I knew I would hear it from my father if I didn't wake up for this trip.

Sleepy as I was, I managed to get set in twenty minutes. We withdrew first and went to raid the hardware. My dad is a big fan of the hardware. We can leave him there while we go shopping and would pick him up only to find out that he's still not finished going thru the entire space. Drills, and technical stuff fascinate him. Naloca nga ako kasi sabi niya pumunta na raw kami sa bulbs. Naglalakad na ko bigla naiwan na siya kasi may tiningnan na gas lamp. Sa lahat ng madaaanan namin sa hardware, ganun siya. Ang tagal tuloy bago namin narating yung pakay namin. whew!

The guys who assisted and tested our bulbs (before we paid for it) knows his stuff. My dad inquired about this black spot in the bulb when it was lit. He kindly explained that it was the filament and it was just normal for the bulbs to have that.

Also, my dad was busy looking at these water filter when the saleslady approached him and did salestalk to him. Ang galing! Kasi alam niya talaga yung product. Or was I just really dumb? But she sounded really convincing and you know she wasn't bluffing. We left without purchasing (pap said he had to consult with ma first) and the saleslady thanked us. I thanked her back for the information she gave us.

On the grocery, all the "employees" were more than glad to be of help while we grabbed everything that we needed. Our cashier was ever so friendly greeting us with a warm smile. Mind you, she did the bagging too. Nilapit ko na yung mga binili namin para hindi siya mahirapan. Ayoko magmagaling mag-bag kasi una hindi ako magaling at baka mainsulto siya na ginagawa ko yung hindi ko naman trabaho.

We had lunch in a Chinese fastfood (hulaan niyo) and as our order came, the waiter asked if we were expecting more food and when I said wala na po, salamat, he got our order number and said thanks as well.

As I was eating my lunch, I realized how lucky I am. There I was, enjoying my free, yummy lunch courtesy of pap while others have to work their a**es off just to earn a living. Mind you, most of these people I've encountered earn minimum or worse, below minimum. :(

The wonderful thing about them is their passion for work. Sige, siguro malamang karamihan sa kanila hindi yun ang gusto pero they do their best to get people to buy their products and they do! Some are pretty pissed off with nasty, rude, demanding customers but they mighty try to conceal their anger. That is something exceptional about them. That is plain control right there. :)

My parents have done a great job with me and my siblings. If there was one thing that they instilled in our young minds it was to be kind to others. Hindi man kami mayaman, kung may maitutulong eh gawin.

These people, the saleslady, the cashier, the bagger, the waiter, the janitor, the guard and all those who work the "least" wanted jobs, I salute them. If I could give them a hug, I would. Only I'm too jahe. Maybe next time, I could give them the two-thumbs up mark. :D

I instantly felt that I shouldn't be a brat about having a few hours' of sleep. Habang naghihilik ako, yung ibang tao nagbabanat na ng buto para kumita ng pera. Ano ba naman yung lugi sa tulog kesa walang kitain di ba? I felt sooooo blessed and I thanked these awesome people that made me realize this fact once again. :D

So next time you hit the mall, greet them back. It wouldn't hurt to spend some saliva on them. ;P Smile at them as you pass by. The most precious thing in this world is a warm smile that would lighten one's day. Give them that. Always say thank you or sorry whenever needed. This is my golden rule. It's not hard to utter these words. Say it with me, Thank you! Sorry! There. Piece of cake huh? :) Instead of asking the waiter for the gravy or ketchup, why not get it yourself? Nobody gets hurt with a few extra steps. :D

Our world would be a better place to live in if we all extend a helping hand to one another. Right? Right!

Kudos to all the hardworking hard workers. :D You are the BEST! 'til then... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment