Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

He :D

is my constant date
is the one who holds my hand ever since I was a little tyke
is my kakampi whenever I was being scold at
is my taga-hatid sa shortcut with his rusty old bike
is my life guru
is my spoiler
is whatever we need him to be
is my pillar of strength
is my mother's loving husband
is my Master Cedi
is my papa

I can go on and on about my father but I'm giving you the best ten things about him. :D

My papa is the best ever. Today is very special to dads' all over the world as it is their day. Happy fathers' day to all the dads out there. Do me a favor and greet them for me. For without them, we wouldn't be here. Thanks to their balloon-shaped cell ( you know what I mean!) that we were made. :)

My papa ( I also call him papi, paps, padre and papsi) is the youngest of four siblings and was given the best of everything they could by his parents and kuyas. They weren't really well- off and had to put up with a lot of struggle but thankfully, God provided for them.

He worked in Metropolitan Hospital as a payroll master where he met my mother (I think. I never knew their lovestory) and stayed there for some years. :) According to my siblings, he was a well provider, surprising them with toys on random occassions.

When I was born though, things weren't going well in the office. He disagreed with the management (based from my mum's story) and opted to resign. Since then, he was a houseband.

I didn't really understand it back then why pa was at home and ma was in the office. I wondered why pa was attending my school activities while the rest of my classmates had their mommies by their sides. I never understood why pa was helping me with my homeworks instead of ma. Most importantly, I wondered why pa was doing all the house chores like cooking, washing the clothes and all that sort of thing.

When I finally had the sense to understand things, I completely understood our set-up. Mum works in the office, pa stays at home tending to us. Baliktad sa normal na bahay. I never felt inferior to my classmates when they had their mommies during GSP investiture or whatever event was on. On the contrary, I felt special 'coz I was different. My papa was their instead while theirs were in the office.

Papa is really malambing. It must have been his Ilonggo blood. He would hold my hand or ate's as if we're precious little princesses. He would make sure that before we take a bath, warm water para hindi kami lamigin. He makes sure we have breakfast before heading to school and sees to it that everything is fine.

I have a good friend in my father. As if he's a kabarkada. Ganung wavelength. Bagets kasi eh. Updated siya sa tugtugin though he doesn't really understand yung maiingay na kanta is short metal and rap kasi hindi naman daw naiintindihan yung sinasabi.

He is a child at heart. I got that from him. We both love cartoons and speak like little kids. Sabi nga ng isa kong friend na nadalas dito at one point, pagdating ko daw sa bahay nag-iiba ako. Lumiliit yung boses at nagiging hyper na bata. hahaha! Nahalata niya. That's all because of paps.

pa and I goofing around one boring night :))

If you are wondering where I got my one-sided hairstyle, he did that one too. He tended my grooming when I was a kid and yun and ginawa niya not knowing how to tie a girl's hair. One time may photo ako na lopsided yung pigtails, coz I did it by myself. I was five. haha!

I also discovered last night that my spanish stint when I get drunk was from him as well! He was having a few drinks with the neighbors and when I approached him to let him know I was home, he said " Que pasa"... "Muy bien!" Nagmonologue ang tatay ko. So I stopped wondering why the hell was I speaking in spanish that one time.

Sikat siya sa mga tao. Tandem kami. When people see me without him, they would usually ask me where he is. I am a papa's girl. :D I couldn't wait for the day that I would be able to repay him in my own little way. I want them ( him and ma) to have the life they truly deserve. :D

I love you papa! You are the best. Mama Sala is proud of you. :D 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment