Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Salute to all the OFWs :D

I was at home on a Saturday night...what a cool way to end a stressful exam week! The household was unnaturally off by 10pm. Another bummer! I had lots of pent-up energy and I have nothing else to do.

I tried re-reading breaking dawn, but after a few minutes, my head was throbbing. I had the entire day in front of the pc before it got oh-so-loco! Oh no! So I turned the tv on and started surfing thru the channels.

I just realized how bad programs are during Saturday nights. Maybe the networks expect that everyone will be out, thus showing all the corniest, worst movies this time of the week. I could've and should've watched a DVD instead.

But...I didn't. What I did was waaaaaaaayyyyy jologs! I watched Katas ng Saudi. Okay, you're probably laughing your head off right now. You heard me right, Katas ng Saudi. It was either that or Bahay ni Lola, I think. Basta both pinoy movies. I don't want to watch oldies movies in the other channels naman. Why oh why did I forget the invention called DVD player??

So yeah, I watched it after watching Imbestigador. I was having fun watching the eeekkky hopia factory. =))

Anyway, the movie wasn't really bad. As a matter of fact, it was rather good...except for the cast! I mean come on! Jinggoy and Shaina. Oh. My. Galey. :S
So aside from the awful cast, it was good. May mga parts pa nga na moment na ng drama eh papasukan pa ng comedy at matatawa ka naman talaga.

I liked how the movie showed the hardships and sacrifices OFWs have to face just so they can give their families a good life. It's not a bed of roses after all. They literally have to work their a**es off abroad to earn that golden dollar.

Often times, their loved ones here tend to abuse their padala. Gastos dito, gastos doon. At pag hindi ka na mabigyan, sila pa ang madamot! Kailanganan natin maintindihan ang hirap na dinaranas nila sa ibang bansa. Pag-ingatan naman natin ang pinaghihirapan nila.

I know OFWs. Hell, they are my cousins, uncle and whatnots, so I can relate to the movie. Ganun na ganun nga talaga. 'Coz close family ties are really important to us Pinoys, we sometimes push it to the limit.

One scene was about Oca's (Jinggoy) bro-in-law needed to undergo an operation for hernia and they run to him for financial support. Eh pinapadalan naman sila ng pera. Grabe naman yun! Inisip pa na pinagraramutan sila. Akala nila pinupulot lang ng mga OFWs ang dollar sa ibang bansa.

Rarely would you have me watch a local movie. I am not just a fan of it. Not for anything else. 'Di ako nag-iinarte. 'Di lang talaga ako nanonood. So this was a huge thing that I mananged to finish a movie. It reminds me of Anak (vilma and claudine), another movie about the hardships of an OFW.

So love your super OFWs. :D They are indeed the modern heroes of our country. To all you OFWs, I SALUTE YOU ALL! :D 'til then... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment