Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Registered! :D

*January 9 is always an awesome day for Tomasinos. Why? Because we always take a time-out in school 'coz of the Feast of the Black Nazarene. During this time, Manila, Quiapo in particular turns into a big pandemonium!

Naturally, I had the whole day ahead of me. :D yippie! But instead of sleeping for half a day, I decided to get my sleepy a** off my bed and take a trip to the city hall to get myself registered as a voter. This is something I am really frustrated 'coz I missed the last election which I could've voted.

*Photo is just for illustrative purpose.

I am now a registered voter! yeba! :D I am going to exercise my right to suffrage soon. yey! My thumbs and index fingers were scanned for the biometrics thingy. It was soooo awesome that I finally got myself registered.

People from the COMELEC had to ask again if I was of legal age. I told them that I am twenty years old but the look on their faces showed disbelief. haaay! Kasalanan ko bang babyface ako? :D

My pap accompanied me and I ran into gen and some of her friends. While I was filling up my application form, the COMELEC people called out this certain Jonathan a couple of times since they didn't get any reply. Minutes passed and he was still nowhere to be found. When I was finally on my thumb marking part, a pink person came to them and asked something...

The lady told him. " Kanina pa kami tawag ng tawag. Naghihintay kami ng macho... dalaga pala!"

True, she was rather a he. Clad in a baby tee, skinny jeans, make-up to boot and matching manicure! Jonathan was apparently a Jane. =))

He was next to me in line. I had a good look at his form, He stands 5' 9'' in height and was my age. Susme! Higanteng pink! The COMELEC people were quite entertained with him. haha!

One other thing that made my registration fun was the fact that people are not paying attention. There was this box for your residence information. So naturally, if you are residing in Las Pinas, you would be under NCR or Metro Manila right? Just either of the two and NOTHING else... unless you can find another Las Pinas in the Philippines. I can safely say that there is only one Las Pinas in the country.

So it knocked the breath out of me when I heard the checker told someone, "Las Pinas sa Davao?!" and another one, "Meron bang Las Pinas sa Aklan or Antique (I forgot which one)??" I mean, come on people! It might have been confusing but if you just used a bit of your common sense, you could've avoided such mistake. But it's okay, I did have a good laugh. ;P Only it was at the expense of others. Jackpot talaga eh! =))

Yan ang mga eksena na makikita sa mga public offices. I have a theory for our stagnation... Simple rules are not followed, what more the complicated ones? Learn to listen and understand people. Let's change our ways. (wow!pa-deep) 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment