Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

A crazy ride going to school

I was riding an FX on my way to school this morning. I sat in the middle with my cool briefcase aka lunchbox on my lap. My pap commented, "Di ba pang-kindergarten yan anak?" I replied, "Ano ka, gamit kaya ng mga executive 'to sa makati. " He got my joke and but still insisted saying, "Ah, akala ko yung baunan ng mga kindergarten eh. Baka pagkamalan kang kindergarten." I laughed and said that's a fat chance! I looked like a smart executive with my briefcase and all-white uniform. LOL

Anyway, enough of me and let me share about my ride going to school. The FX was almost full when these two girls rode. Puno na lahat bukod sa likod. So doon sila umupo. As soon as they settled themselves, the blabbering started. That's totally fine.

What caught my attention was the language. One was talking in english while the other in tagalog. It would've been a problem if they kept their conversation to themselves. But no, it was as if they owned the FX and everyone else was just hitching a ride!

This is a democratic country. Everyone is entitled to do everything they will as long as it doesn't degrade/disturb/hurt others. What they did totally disturbed me!

Okay naman ang grammar niya. Wala talagang problema bukod lang sa maling lugar. I mean we were in a very public place and she looked like out of place. Ang dating eh pa-cool, pa-impress. They were talking about her sad lovelife and a b*tch in her school (whatever it is!). As if the other nine people give a damn about it! She had this uberly girly, whiny voice that made things from worse to worst!

I pitied the guy across them who had to endure hearing them for the entire trip just like me. Then this lady beside me answered a call. Next thing I knew was that she was raising her voice to the person on the other end. Seems like matters in the office got out of hand and she had to take over. I was trying to sleep to block-off the really irritating conversation...thanks to her I wasn't successful.

I seriously need to get a new headset. I could've saved myself from a bummer conversation like that. Thank heavens the trip only took 45 minutes. I might have died if I had to endure it for an hour!

I then came to think of it. Am I like that? Irritating when I speak in english? I only do that to wongki, ate jean and naj (at times). Also, I do it in places appropriate for it. Tipong yung steady lang mag-ingles. 'Coz others are doing it too. Alangan mag-ingles ka sa divisoria? Get my point??

Kaya kung nakakairita na ko, 'wag mag-atubiling sabihin sakin. :) O kaya naman, mas maganda eh batukan mo ko nang matauhan ako! :D 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment