Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

camping like no other…=)

Two weeks before my natal, my fellas and I had this idea of having a camp-out.  It was originally, a slumber party.  We had one problem though…nikki’s never allowed to join in any slumber party.  So we were thinking what possible plan could fit nikki in.  Then it hit us! Why not have the slumber party in her place??  Ever since they transferred there, the gang made it as one of the official tambayan.  Her family’s used to us being there.  It actually feels like home.  It is. Ü We also made it a camp-out party for fun.  Plan was we’d sleep in tents and cook our food in bonfire. (or at least in charcoal!)  I had to text several times to people asking if they’re going and thankfully only few replied!  I even bugged a couple of fellas to surprise me and syd.haha!  They were saying we wouldn’t get one from them!  Come my birthday, I was all set for the camping, I was just waiting for the go signal from nikki to go there ‘coz she’s not yet home daw.  It as almost 10 pm when she texted.  Pap even commented not to have that kind of gimmick ever again ‘coz siya daw yung napapagod sa paghatid!  Anyway, I got there and some fellas were already there.  I even joked to give the surprise a little later so as to have thrill naman.  We had a bbq fest.  Kami nagluto! =) The night wore on and more fellas came. Ü We were causing so much noise that we woke tito ed up!  I had to maintain silence every time we got noisy.  It felt like high school again. We had drinks.  We’re getting older and I guess it’s quite okay to drink now.  It was cocktail anyway. I don’t really drink beer. We dropped diane off at around 2am.  When we got back, my chicas pulled me in front of the main door and something was there.  It was a scavenger hunt! I like! Ü  Good thing I brought my flashlight with me. (camping mode talaga!)  My world was still swaying from the cocktail I had, but I was game nonetheless.  The questions were about syd since we’re the celebrants.  The “looking for clues” stuff was awesome. Ü I knew there were candles involved ‘coz when I got in the second floor, I sorta smelled the smoke it was emitting plus there was a different kind of glow.  When I got my last clue, on my way to the attic, I saw dawn, nikki and kath there with their surprise!  It was sooooooo fantastic! ÜÜÜ  I knew that there was a surprise but I wasn’t expecting that kind of surprise.  It was soooo sweet.  It’s a sad thing that syd didn’t make it.  A gazillion thanks for making my birthday special again. Ü  For the record, we didn’t sleep in a tent, nor did we have a bonfire.  It rained and no one had a tent!  We slept in the entertainment room and had mattresses.  I slept in a sleeping bag para kunwari camping pa rin.  My gosh!  Driver’s snored big time!  We slept for I guess just an hour and then brotha dropped a call.  My birthday just keeps getting better and better each year.  Next year ulit ah. =P

p.s
thanks to everyone who remembered
the day I came to be. Ü

7 comments: