Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

oh boy!generaton gap!!!

Early this week, I went to my Alma Mater.  It's Intrams week.  Something, every student looks forward to every year, former students included.  Luckily, I had free day in pe, so after a confusing quiz in calculus, I just dashed off to the Church with joicey, had quick prayer, changed clothes and off to school.  I haven’t been there for over a month.  I didn’t have any reasons for dropping by plus the fact that school’s bit demanding.  Another thing is that I feel like I’m still trapped in highschool whenever I go there.  I feel like I still haven’t moved on.  Do you get what I mean?? Parang feeling ko kasi pag lagi ko andun eh wala kong life. Not that I’m saying na ung mga laging andun na graduates na (whoever they are) are like that. That’s just my personally opinion.  Anyway, I was really, anxious going there ‘coz I thought I’d be alone.  My friends were all busy with school.  So when I went to say hi to tita mye, I was oh so ecstatic to see mg make it there.  She said she’s not sure if she can go ‘coz of her orientation.  To my big surprise, qtie was also there! Clad in pambahay nonetheless in time for summer, boardshorts and tee baby! But she felt she wasn’t well-dressed for school!haha! Anyway, other friends from the lower batch were also there.  Wait, medyo lumalayo na kwento ko. Haba ng intro eh.  Onti na lang.  qtie, mg and I chatted away, not minding the people and all.  qtie left and so mg and I talked. Drama ganyan, when we spotted wongki.  When someone’s feeling bad, best remedy is starbucks! mg suggested it.  So off we go since our two gimmicks there were cancelled, now’s the time to make it happen.haha! What I was complaining during V-day of not having anyone buy me a frap, was not a problem anymore.  wongki treated us. wooohoo!Ü miss kami nun for sure nanlibre eh (though he really treats us kahit la lang). When we went back to school, there was a game about to start.  As it progressed, I looked at the students cheering for their batchmates.  Man was I sooooooo alienated! I felt like I don’t belong.  I felt like I was in the 18th century and they were in the present.  That’s what I felt.  In two years that had passed, JUST TWO YEARS, I noticed that the students there are very different from the time I was there.  I still have friends from the lower batch there but you know it’s just soooooo different now.  Students are superdupercalifragilisticexpialidocious mature that they look older than I am!!! Whenever I visit there, I feel like I’m the highschool student and they’re the colegialas. They seem ( I’m assuming here based from what I see) to be too lax with school and just go for fun.  So fellow younger Arborians prove to me that you’re not like what I think you are.  It’s sooooo sad to feel that way.  During my time, we were busy with studies but at the same time active with extra-curricular most especially sports.  We bagged the championship twice baby!ÜÜÜ the teachers often said that we were good when it comes to school. In my opinion, brilliant.=) haha!biased! Yung mga bags nila super liit tipong pacute parang college students na eh!  Oh! Check out the make-up!!! Kala mo laging may party! Ok lang maging girlash and all but remember you’re in school, highschool for that matter.  I’m very much open to changes.  It’s that one thing that’s constant in life.  But always remember it should be for the better.  I don’t know,  Sobrang feeling ko ang tanda ko na ‘coz they seem to be growing so fast.  Masaya maging bata.  Parang silang nagmamadali tumanda!  It’s not just me who noticed these things.  My fellas also noticed it. Haaay! Generation gap…oh well…’til then…=)

1 comment:

  1. SENIORS BATCH '05 PA RIN! WOOHOOOO! ;)
    WE SET THE STANDARD AND RAISED THE BAR MAN! ;))

    ReplyDelete