Pages

Friday, January 5, 2007

just because..

One hot afternoon, after class, my friends and I craved for siomai and so we went to grab the most delicious siomai in school.  Siomai House!!!=) it was dec. 15.  We ate it in one of our fave spots, the gym pavilion.  While we were walking our way there, there were three guys behind us.  They were talking about soccer.  There was a game in the field between eccle and high ata.  I forgot.  Anyway, based from their conversation, there college lost to commerce.  They were sort of bitter about it.  This is what one of them said: “Basta sports, patay sa commerce. Eh mga varsity andun eh.” The other said: “Di bale, tayo naman bawi sa academics.” My friends and I (we were four) so wanted to punch them!  While they were having that conversation they took over us and even passed by us.  I think they didn’t realize we are from commerce or it was really their intention to make us overhear their conversation.  Either way, it doesn’t mean that because our college is the home of the athletes, we neglect our studies.  Plus it doesn’t give them the right that because their college is one of our best, all of them are good in school.  I have a dear friend from that college and ‘di naman ganun mag-isip about commerce.  Come on! Just because the athletes come from our college doesn’t mean they don’t care about school or we don’t care about school.  I was on the varsity team during my highschool days.  True sometimes I forget my responsibilities as a student but I always make up for it.  I even saw one of the ballers in the library.  If you were thinking he was just making pa-cute to girls, he wasn’t.  He’s the type who’d take school seriously. Same goes for the other players.  Maybe their not as brilliant like those typical students but they are making efforts to get good grades.  Gusto lang nila maglaro pero ‘di ibig sabihin nun ‘di sila nag-aaral. Oh well… ‘til then..

No comments:

Post a Comment