Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lost in Akihabara :)

Sunday is family day. That is a norm especially with us. So we went to hear Mass in Koiwa where ate is part of the choir. Yes friends, my sister sings. She doesn’t have the mighty (sorry) vocals but she can sing decently. I think that’s what sets us apart. Grabe kumapit yan ng mic! Nagcoconcert! =)) Sakto rin na may English Mass and it was Palm Sunday as well. So we were able to observe Holy Week. My dad was never a fan of out-of-town trips during this time of the year. He believes that Holy Week should be a time for reflection and fasting not for recreation. But we had no choice but to spend it out of the country because it was ate’s break, the only free time she has. This was the second Holy Week we spent outside Pinas, the first I was too young to remember. Yun lang that time, the place we were in observed Holy Week not like in Japan. Only Pinoys and few Japanese Catholics observed it. :S

Anyway, I had a very different Sunday Mass but all the same, still blessed. It was such a good thing to see other Pinoys and foreigners who I think have the same sentiments I had regarding Catholicism. Mahirap talaga ‘pag iba ka. Oh well.

After the Mass, we left and had merienda in Yoshinoya before going to Akihabara, the major shopping area for electronic, computer, anime, and otaku goods, including new and used items (thanks wiki!). My dad enjoyed this trip though he said he didn’t enjoy the prices. Who told you we were buying pap? hahaha!

I personally had a great time. I am such a gadget junkie, minus the gadgets because I don’t have the budget. toinks! I had fun window-shopping and I had to control myself not to drool over all the DSLRs. One day, you will be mine. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment