Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Back...

2009 was a rollercoaster ride for me. I have been very proud of myself when I graduated in college. I finished on time, just the required four years. At that time, I felt accomplished not knowing that it was just the start of the rough road for me.

It felt good going back to Australia, my graduation gift. I love that place so much! :) Though I had to miss my retreat for that trip, I enjoyed it and made it as my retreat place. I even asked friends to write me a retreat letter too. hahaha!

Of course, not to miss would be my last summer break. I savored each day that I was free not minding anything. I also had a very intimate, personal relationship with God. I had LSS with Kath and Dawn. I could never thank the Ocampos, insan, Wongki and the Youth enough for the wonderful experience. :) The feeling is beyond words. I can truly say that I am renewed and how refreshing I am feeling up to now.

’09 was also the time that I felt ashamed of myself. I felt like I wasn’t of any use. Being a bum was quite good but its magic wore off eventually. It’s boring to be home, trying to be busy when you’re not. The fact also remains that, I depend on mama and papa when I shouldn’t anymore.

Goal Manila was a good experience. I have learned that one must endure the pain before you get the prize. The pain was surviving the pain-in the-a** boss who made me do work which was not under my job description! The prize would have to be the event itself. Despite the minor trouble, the futboleros had a great time. :) Not to mention, they were good-looking too!

Then school came and made me excited to learn again. Another blessing would be the PAL training. It’s still a long shot but I’m willing to take the risk. ’09 has taught me to be humble and patient. Things aren’t served in a silver platter especially for a kid like me. I have experienced things I thought I would never and can’t do but I did. I finally knew that things don’t happen with a snap of a finger. My heart raced and got smashed but is still beating. Triumphs and losses are part of one’s life. I have enjoyed and endured the pain in ’09. ‘til then…

No comments:

Post a Comment