Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boxing Arena We call LIFE

As if the boy issue I had to deal with wasn’t enough, I had a few more things to face…

Life is like a boxing arena where we get to face and fight the biggest, meanest, toughest boxers out there. They come in the form of problems, people, issues and all that negative vibe that will surely knock you out!

Just a week after knowing the boy I liked had a gf, a strong left hook hit me in the face. It hit me hard. :S I never thought I would ever get that especially from you. It hit me soooo hard I had to recover for more than a week.

Shortly after the left hook I received, I got another blow, this time a right uppercut. I thought we were tight. Despite the “whirlwind” friendship, I really thought we established a strong friendship. Or so I thought. Just one thing and we were back to square one. Sayang talaga pero ganun.

Boy issue, friendships tested, you’d think it will end there. But no, I had more punches hurled my way. :(

I decided to take a big step and I didn’t get that enthusiasm I was expecting from people that matter to me most. My dad and sister found it all too soon and out of the blue. I cried and cried for days. Have I told you I cried for weeks over all these things??

So you see, life is like a boxing arena. It’s either you hit back or just let the opponent beat you up. Conceding was never an option for me. Iiyak at iiyak lang ako pero hindi ako susuko.

During those weeks, I tried to hit back at my opponent but all my punches were weak. I turned to my coach and listened hard. I know I may not have succeeded in defeating my opponent, but He (coach) made a better game plan for me and I’m sticking to it. Maybe I was meant to lose that match for me to toughen up my defense and work on my offense.

In a boxing match, it’s three minutes of hell but you get thirty seconds (??) of time-out. In life, there will be lots of problems that will come our way but we also have solutions to it. There is so much room to move in a boxing arena. When the toughing get going, just move around and you can get a breather. Life gives us choices and strategies that we can work out with.

Remember each time you’re in a boxing arena fighting, that there is always the bell to save you when it’s too much to handle. He will save you. So let’s all face the boxing arena with so much intensity and heart because at the end of the day, we will learn a thing or two from it. ‘til then..

No comments:

Post a Comment