Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maraming Salamat Tita C!

This is yet another late post so I beg your pardon for that. I just can't find the mood to write in a snap of a finger. I am not that gifted. Anyway, I've been writing this blog in my head on nights that sleep does not come my way easily. I've done my research thru tributes for dear Tita C (it's really more of Lola C for my age) last week and I think it is quite sufficient for me to write this.

I don't really understand why people look up to her. All I know about her was when I studied her for my history class back in gradeschool. Sure she was the First Filipina President not to mention the one who ended the Marcos' regime. That's how far I got to know Tita C...back then.

Who wouldn't swell with pride with this cover? Woman of the Year in Time magazine :D

She was what they called reluctant politician having entered it due to people's demand. It takes balls to face a tyrrant and this woman had the BALLS to take him down. I know the fight was tough but she did it for the Pinoys. Ano nga naman ang laban ng isang simpleng biyuda sa isang kamay na bakal? But she proved to us that Goliath can be defeated by David.

From a simple housewife to THE President of the country. It's not an easy task plunging into the dark sea not knowing what to expect. Taga-alaga ka ng mga anak, ano naman ang alam mo sa pagsaludo sa mga heneral? This and a lot more things she learned and adjusted to. Bow down to her staff and Cabinet members for giving her a hand during her term.

Her term was not a bed of roses. She had her hardships and boy they were a lot! Seven coup attempts under her nose. Isang kudeta nga lang, ang sakit na sa utak, pito pa kaya?! But no, this woman stood firm and mighty amidst all the trials. I think the best weapon she had was her strong faith in God. Prayers can indeed really move mountains. :D

Tough, tough woman with the biggest heart

I know she had her flaws but more than anything else, the greatness of her heart will always and forever be remembered. :D I watched her necrological service and I know that she is one good person. Mabait, down to earth, generous and patriotic. Isang tulad niya ang kailangan natin. I think that's what sets her apart from all the Presidents. She had a good heart, the best intentions for the country and not power-hungry. Yun yun. Lahat kasi nasabik sa kapangyarihan tuloy nawala na yung essence para magserbisyo sa tao. Naging pulitiko para magkaroon ng kapangyarihan. Pangalawa na lang ang magserbisyo sa bayan.

I felt a deep admiration towards this woman 'coz she exemplified what a woman should be. Strong and loving. The outpouring support from the people during her dying days (weeks even), her wake and after her burial only shows how great of a person she was.

A sea of yellow. De javu of People Power Revolution

Maraming salamat po Tita C (gossip girl inspired) sa pagbalik ng demokrasya na tinatamasa ko ngayon. Hindi pa man ako pinapanganak noong panahon ng kaguluhan, alam kong ang buhay ngayon ay lubos na magaan at masaya dahil sayo. Hindi ka nag-iisa. Maraming maraming salamat po! Mag-date na kayo ni Mang Ninoy sa langit. :D 'til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment