Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

A glimpse of the real world

Last week was a total hell for me. I was soooo busy going back and forth to eastwood and at the same time juggle my time for school. I went there three times last week, at the same time studying in school and did some comelec work. :D Here's my glimpse of the real world.

Day 1 (Feb. 17, 2009)
I woke up pretty early last tuesday for my IBM exam. I didn't know how to commute to libis so my cousin told me to just drop by her office in crame and from there, her driver will take me to libis. As if the whole world conspired to make my day hell, I left home late, the bus missed the spot where I should get off, I had to play patintero with death in Edsa. The crazy bus driver didn't stop when I said I'd be getting off in heritage. Inakyat nya yung bus sa flyover at binaba ako sa san juan de dios. From there, I walked my way and bravely faced the kiss of death aka getting across Edsa. I thought it was impossible. But 'coz I am a genius, I made it to the other side, unscratched. :D

I took a jeepney to mrt and bumped bodies, literally with others 'coz it was rush hour. I got off in santolan station, took another jeepney to I forgot where. That time, I thought that was the right route. When I finally knew I made a mistake, I got off and called my cousin for directions. Apparently, that was the way to libis but not to her office. She said that I just stay put and she's sending manong to pick me up. I waited and didn't move from where I was standing. I waited five minutes... fifteen minutes. I called my mum to go check on my cousin if she sent the driver off already. She did and was wondering how come he hasn't arrived to rescue me...

So she called manong driver. I was standing in the side street of boni serrano and manong went all the way to mandaluyong --- boni avenue! Oh. My. Gosh! So my mum instructed me to just take a cab from there. Thank God, hindi naman ako niligaw or pinaikot-ikot ni mamang taxi.

I was oh so late for my appointment. I didn't bother to tell the receptionist that I had a scheduled exam. haha! I took the exam. Time-pressured kung time pressured eh. I was spacing out during the exam. I didn't take it seriously 'coz I didn't want to go back for an interview.

'Lo and behold! I still managed to pass the exam. Dalawa lang yun eh... Madali yung exam o engot yung dalawa kong kasabay. When the examiner told me and the other two that we passed, I had this constipated look that spells out what the hell?!

I left and headed to katipunan to meet safi. I miss her. :D Katipunan oh katipunan. My dream. hahaha! After an hour or so of chikahan, I headed home and she had to go back to miriam to go practice for her jazz competition. Congrats dear! :D

Day 2 (Feb. 18, 2009)
I was scheduled for an interview wednesday afternoon last week. I skipped comelec duty 'coz I wanted to look fresh for the interview. But we decided to skip marriage so I got to experience my first automated election. :D

After class, I dashed off to change into my makati look (urgh!) and flew to eastwood once more. I forgot to get my umbrella from margie. Good thing, it didn't rain in the part of the world I was in. haha! I was once again late. This time, ten minutes. What an impression for the interviewer. haaaay! I still had to fill this information sheet up and when time was running out, the interviewer called me in, together with the two other interviewees. It was short and sweet. hahaha! Just kidding. Nothing bloody as he was only asking for personal stuff and how-do-you-deal-with-this kind of questions.

I took a cab back to katipunan station but traffic was building up already. The driver told that we'll take another route via marikina. I just told him to drop me off santolan station so it would be less hassle for him.

From there, I took the train to legarda and took the bus going to lawton. Then finally, fx back home. :D This has been my transportation cycle for two days. I was in the cab when I thought I forgot my I.D in IBM. But I was reassuing myself I might have it somewhere in my bag.

I confirmed that night that I indeed left it there. Oh no! I had to go back for a freakin' I.D! I survived school for two days without my I.D. haha! Diskarte lang yan.

Day 3 ( Feb. 20, 2009)
I went back to eastwood to get my I.D back. Since, I wasn't in a hurry, I decided to be a little bit adventurous and experiment. My tita told me that there's a jeep in cubao going to eastwood. I looked for that and gladly found it.

I then saw this fx: montalban, eastwood. I wanted comfort and so decided to take the fx instead. I knew montalban is in the other side but I was thinking maybe it has a connection to libis somewhere out there. haha! I even asked the lady beside me if it really passes eastwood. She replied: Oo. That made me relaxed and took every sight that was new to me.

An hour or more passed and still no party scene for me but rather rural area and bondoocks on one side. When I reached the end of the trip, it then hit me I took the wrong ride! Oo nga naman, eastwood yun. Yun nga lang eastwood residences. Malay ko namang may iba pa palang eastwood! Malapit na nga ko sa avilon zoo eh. May sign na "this way to avilon zoo"! I took a jeep back to santolan. It cost me 26 bucks. Student's fare pa yun ha! That's how far it was! From there, I took the cab and straight to IBM plaza. I stayed there for two minutes but my travel time was over than three hours! So much for being adventurous!

I seriously wanted to cry the moment my stupidity hit me. But looking back now, I just laugh my head off about it. :)) Stupidity gets you everywhere. That's my misadventures for you. I got to get a glimpse of the real world. Ang hirap pala talaga maghanap ng trabaho. For sure, it would be a lot harder working. So enjoy the time remaining in school. 'til then... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment