Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

flashback of the good old days... =)

I went to my second home, my school for twelve grueling years, Ann Arbor Montessori-BF last Wednesday.  I didn’t have school ‘coz it was the Feast of the Black Nazarene.  I met up with dawn and my best friend tonti to get our yearbook (at long last!). 
It was a different feeling being finally back home.  It wasn’t much of a home anymore for me.  The ambiance is totally different from the time I left the school gate almost three years ago. =(  Maybe I’m just getting old that’s why I feel that way.  Things were different during my time.  Generation gap might be making its way on me.  I don’t know if we didn’t mature or the kids in school mature fast and caught up with us? 
While I sat at the cafeteria, I remembered a lot of memories:
1.the times that we would literally grab all the tables and chairs and eat as one big group. =) we even had complaints regarding this matter. 
2. the times when we would have a couple rounds of duck walk as punishment. =P 
3. missing the best food ever catered in school-tita mye’s luto and I had the luxury of eating I want on her menu as I had my listahan. 
4. sneaking up in the roof top with some gal pals and just chill.  We did this almost everyday during our sophomore year until we got busted!
5. tiring practices and bonding after. =)
6. gate duty during CAT (provoked someone while on duty…tsk tsk!)
7. CAT meetings during Mondays (you feint a major migraine to escape…never worked on me ‘coz I was an “officer” and had to be tough)
8. intrams baby! =)  everything about it
9. “akyat-bahay” inside the highschool building =P (‘twas curfew time and they locked it up with all our school stuff inside!) was it our fault the practice ended late? hmph!
10. having fun with everyone =)

Those are just teasers of my high school life.  There are a million more things in high school that I truly treasure up until this day. =) It may have been a different place now but the feeling of its warmth remains.  I dreaded entering college ‘coz I’m going to be away from the life I was so used to.  Being separated with friends was hard for me but no distance could ever get in the way.  Some close friends seemed to drift apart but majority is still intact.  Looking at my yearbook made me realize that time really does fly with out you noticing it.  Back in high school, I thought that my shoulder-long hair was pretty long already and that I was soooo cool.  I was very active in school.  Then I realized now that eeeek!  What a phase!  I was so shallow with stuff back then.  I never imagined I could be better and that’s big thanks to the jungle I feared before—college.  Now, that’s for another blog. =)  ‘til then… =)

17 comments:

  1. aww. i miss AAM days too.. OMG! I was laughing when I was reading the 1-10 part.. haha. lalo na the first one. I think we did that in our junior year remember? wala nang chairs yung iba kasi kinukuha natin lahat. haha. hayyy.. I super miss u guys talaga.. I miss AAM and even if I didn't spend my senior year there, AAM (along with my AAM friends) are the ones who will always rock my heart.=) i love you alexia.. thanks for the friendship and thanks for not changing through the years. mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. i miss AAM days too.. OMG! I was laughing when I was reading the 1-10 part.. haha. lalo na the first one. I think we did that in our junior year remember? wala nang chairs yung iba kasi kinukuha natin lahat. haha. hayyy.. I super miss u guys talaga.. I miss AAM and even if I didn't spend my senior year there, AAM (along with my AAM friends) are the ones who will always rock my heart.=) i love you alexia.. thanks for the friendship and thanks for not changing through the years. mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..ok toh aahh..kamis eh noh..=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah and we rocked in school. :p i miss you mucho yzuelte. thank heavens for SMS. i love you chica!=) see you after grad. i'm still your mickey no matter what. *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  5. super!miss na kita dino.haven't seen you for so long. musta?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaha Yesss. The so-called tables and chairs that were seemingly the "root of all evil" HAHAHA=))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahaha Yesss. The so-called tables and chairs that were seemingly the "root of all evil" HAHAHA=))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahaha Yesss. The so-called tables and chairs that were seemingly the "root of all evil" HAHAHA=))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Si Kuya Janitor lang naman nakahuli sa mga banig at comforter natin na nakalatag sa rooftop eh =))

    ReplyDelete
  10. FOOTLOOOOONG! Cakes-a-HOOOOOYYYY! :)

    This is turning into a major nostalgic roadtrip. You! You! You!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CHAMPS FOR TWO YEARS BABY!

    I know that after all these years, I should've forgotten about this but I believe that we still have bragging rights. HAHAHA! =)) Nilalasap-lasap ko lang bago tayo tuluyang makalimot sa mga tagumpay nating magkakasama ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh naj!you totally invaded my comment space.haha! superduper generation gap man! and all those stuff i listed, were oh so awesome especially the champs thingy. =) hey! highschool happens only once after all. =P i think it was mang glen who caught us in the roooftop.hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  13. GLEN NGA! Hahaha! =)) Yeah, great times great times ;) Freedom of expression ang tawag jan, hindi invasion of comment space! :p Miss you. See you soon! Sayaw Manila is on January 26. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh sh*t!what time? that's my deadline for thesis.for sure i'll be a worker bee the whole week...

    ReplyDelete
  15. 6pm at PhilAm Life Auditorium. ;) Sorry haven't been texting lately, poverty eh plus estudyante mode in the true sense of the word. Hihimatayin na ata ako sa dami ng ginagawa. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. uhm..yeah hahaha..bleh..wala lng.. hahahaha miss you guys :D

    ReplyDelete