Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

PAQ Ganern

I first saw his works back in 2012. I think it was on Facebook. I have been a fan ever since. My desktop wallpaper is a shot of his work, Paskuhan 2012 I think. 




I'm not one who does fangirling. Fangirl, yes, but not to the extent that I go after them, join a fan's club or what. I simply follow them on social media, gush over them and rave about them. There are occasional tweets directly addressed to them but that's about it. Mabibilang sa daliri kung sino ang finafangirl ko.

One day happened. I was told I'm supposed to meet someone on a Friday. All of a sudden, I was told we were going out that day, Thursday. I was told to skip class, go home, freshen up and collect her, Julie. Excited siya, ako hindi. Sinabi sakin sino ang immeet. Gusto ko matae. As in!  Butterflies in my stomach feeling times one million.

Yung finafangirl ko for four years, mameet ko. Mygaaaaaaaasssssss!!!

September 15, 2016, Thursday.

SURREAL.



I looked around and saw him standing there, with a smile on his face as he greeted my friend while I was starstruck and incoherent. Nataranta ako, habang sila masaya. Tinanong ko si Julie bakit andun siya. Kinausap niya ko at nag-explain. Mas nataranta ako.

I decided to stand and shake his hand, asked for pardon since my hand was stone-cold from seeing him there. Sabi ko naman sa inyo, I don't do fangirling. So malaking bagay na andun siya. He talked a bit and handed a big paperbag. OH. MY. GOSH!

I thought that was it. I sat down to keep calm. Much to my surprise, he decided to sit down as well... beside me! What sorcery is this?! Hindi ko natanggap ang memo na may gantong ganap. Natatawa na lang si Ju sa mga ganap.

It took me a good twenty minutes  to compose myself from the shock of seeing him, sitting down with us and starting a conversation. Wooooooow! We talked how much of a fangirl I am and other things, mostly travel. He asked about what I did for my birthday the recent years and I decided to tell him the last birthday celebration I had. A shot to make him remember me. I think I did make a mark. HAHAHA!

He hangout with us for about an hour. In a short span of time, we have talked about a lot of things. That feeling like you have known him for quite a while now, instead of just meeting him for the first time. That kind of feeling is priceless, precious. PAQ ganern!

No comments:

Post a Comment