Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Photo Crazy :)

Day 18 - favorite book and why

My top favorite would have to be Catcher in the Rye. I don't have a personal photo of it and I have my own rule of posting my own photos in this challenge. So I looked for a photo of a book that I really like and found this. I took these photos last year. It was what I asked for my wishlist in Kris Kringle. I combined these photos so I would be able to have just one photo :))

On top is the Kite Runner. It's about two Afghan boys coming from different social classes. It talks about the struggles of both boys who grew up together.

Below is A Thousand Splendid Suns, the title coming from a famous Afghan poem. This book tells the struggles of Afghan women. Taliban has made life in Afghanistan unbearable for women.

These books made me want to see Afghanistan one day. I really believe it's an awesome place underneath all the war and violence. Insha'Allah! :)

p.s Both books were written by Khaled Hosseini

No comments:

Post a Comment