Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Freed :D

It's been over a week but I still feel refreshed and light-hearted. :D I guess that's how it really is.

Last April 25 and 26, I had my Youth Life in the Spirit Seminar. :D Weeks of anticipation and finally it happened. I'm not really new about this 'coz my dad has been active in the community (Pag-Ibig sa Diyos) since I was a kid. My parents joined the community when I was a kid so I have a background about the whole thing. Yun lang medyo nag-drift nung tumanda na ko kasi wala na kaming Saturday classes.

Anyway, I wasn't really that excited about the YLSS... at first. I'm the kind of person who would pray alone at my own pace. I learned in BLD that the more people that pray together, the better. Kailangan ng ibang tao at sama-sama kayong magdadasal.

So there I was, spending my entire weekend listening to testimonies and looking back at my own life. I have come to the conclusion that I was so blessed. Hearing testimonies and what my co-youth have gone through made me realize a lot of things. Though I didn't have everything I wanted when I was a kid and until now, I HAVE EVERYTHING that I NEED. That's what matters. Necessities and not luxuries. :D

I have learned a lot in that YLSS weekend. Words are not enough to express how I felt. I never knew such thing existed until I have experienced it. Having slained by the Spirit was the most liberating feeling in the whole world. Akala ko dati, acting lang yung mga bumabagsak. It actually happens in real life! :D

I didn't have any hang-ups going to the YLSS so it was easier for me to open up. There was just one thing that was making my heart heave. That was the most difficult thing for me. For me to let go. But when my shepherd, Ate Maan, whispered in my ear, "Rachel, let it go, let God". I tried to remember it one last time and let it go. I soflty fell to the ground. The next thing I knew I was speaking in tongues. :D Thank you Lord! I was immobilzed. I sooo wanted to move but I can't.So I just relaxed and said nothing but give thanks to God.

Siguro nawiwindang kayo mabasa 'to kasi hindi talaga ako yung tipong ganito. But I have found my niche. I know I'm not perfect, sooooo far from being perfect but I have learned to be good. Try to be good.

Sira ulo pa rin ako, baliw and what-not but life has a deeper meaning now. :D I am now extra careful with my actions and words.

I have been freed from all the burdens I was carrying all this time. Iba talaga ang feeling. :D To God be the glory! :D 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment