Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sobriety is the Best Policy

April 4...

Prologue: Having fun is a reason why people get smashed. It could also be because of a problem. That is my personal opinion. We all have our reasons why we drink. I, for instance, drink for socializing and to have fun. Therefore, I am a social drinker. :))

This is quite a long post so I am warning you. haha!

I can come up with a couple more reasons why people drink but for now let's focus on these reasons. Over the weekend, my friends and I threw a graduation party. The very reason why we wanted to have fun, we're finally done with school! Though I am not really psyched about finally getting it done (wala pa rin akong blog about it oh), one can not deny that it's a good feeling to finally accomplish and conquer college. :D

So with just a few days of planning, we managed to get everyone partying with us. :D By everyone, I meant the people who are always on the go. Because it was just a few days of planning, expect the chaos that we went through for the party. The number one on our list was the venue itself. We had a "general cleaning" a day before the party and I am telling you, it was cuh-razy! Major cuh-razy but because we really wanted to partey, we made it through. :D

Party night was a major chaos! Kulang kami sa oras at usap. Fresh from guadalupe, we were all over the place gettting almost everything that was needed. We returned with the food and everything else when we realized we forgot to grab some paper plates! Que estupido! So another team went out to buy that. Luckily, we had bbq so that was the "appetizer" while we waited for the plates.

I can tell that everyone was hungry judging by how fast the bbq had gone. Finally, the plates arrived and it was chow time. :D Heads cooled as soon as their tummies got full. Shortly after, the main course came... the alcoholoc beverage. I wasn't up for drinking because I reprimanded myself due to a crazy stint. But because it was our graduation party, I waived it off and just kept in mind to drink in moderation. The night was going on smoothly. We were all having fun. :D I missed having fun with my friends. Usually, we go out on weekends. But that's just a few of us. So I was ecstatic that though we were still few, I saw faces that I rarely see during weekend gimmicks.

While almost everyone was drinking the night away, a FEW stayed sober and enjoyed the night watching those people get wasted and do crazy stuff. When I say crazy, things they wouldn't do when they're sober. Never would I imagine them do foolish things. haha! I was enjoying it... at first.

Things got out of hand, when people got really rowdy and makulit. As in major gulo. We were lucky the neighbors didn't report us to the security. We could've awaken the entire street!

Bottom line, guys we can all have fun and drink the night away. Enjoy the alcohol but KEEP it in MODERATION. I've had my fair share of wasted moments. One that involved saying "He made me feel sooooo ugly! And I'm like a superstar!" Oo na, ako na ang feeling. haha! I crush you ko lang yung boy na yun ha! I cry a lot when I get drunk! Ako na ang emo. haha! Another one that involved showing my undies for a free drink! Friends still can't get over this. The cream of the crap (haha!), kissing the toilet bowl because of too much drinking!

Hindi ako nagmamalinis. Nalasing rin ako. Nalalasing pa rin. Ang akin lang tamang inom. O kaya uminom kayo para magsaya at makihalubilo. Never drink to forget your problems. 'Coz I've been there ( He made me feel sooooo ugly moment) and believe me, once you're sober again, all you get is a major hangover and the problem is STILL THERE. That was the turning point for me. Since then, I swore to myself that I won't get myself smashed just because of problems. Malalasing na lang ako sa sobrang pagsasaya. :D That's why I don't cry anymore when I'm drunk. Wala na akong hang-ups sa buhay. Kung meron man, kaya ko na kontrolin ang pag-inom.

Don't let the alcohol get the best of you. Sabi nila yung mga naka-inom daw yung mga nagsasabi ng totoo at nagpapakatotoo. Hindi ko alam. Maybe it just makes us let go of our inhibitions. Those things that hinder us to say or do things when we are sober. Alcohol gives you the balls (sige na nga, courage) to say or do it.

Again, keep it in moderation. We don't need alcohol to say things or even do crazy things! Never again would I put myself in a position of making myself a fool. Kaya ayoko uminom ng todo lately. I'm doing my time. haha! Gusto ko gagawin ko ang isang bagay nang ako lang. Walang tulong ng alcohol. Hintayin niyo ang pole dance ko! Kidding! :))

'Coz no matter how drunk we get, whatever we do/say, it's still us. We can't really blame the alcohol for that. In the first place, we put ourselves in that position. So I say, sobriety is the best policy. Siguro ang corny na ng dating ko pero okay lang. Better corny than sorry.

Looking back at that night, I say I had fun. I am just trying to delete the not-so-good scenario from my stubbron mind. Guys, some of us just graduated in college. A few even graduated before us. Some are on their way in a year or two.

We're not in high school anymore. We're not socrates or faraday anymore. Get a grip and step up. I'm not ms. pressy anymore. Oh gosh! ms. pressy became a pasaway na nga eh. I don't want to be ms. pressy all over again. Step up and grow. Don't make me ms. pressy again. I hope you are getting me. Feeling ko kasi (oo na feeeling na ko) ako pa rin si ms. pressy, ako ang lagot sa lahat. I had to go through some things that night. Ako ang sumalo. My superhuman instinct was put to test.

IF by any chance, I offend someone with this post, I'm sorry. It was never my intention to do such thing. So that's it. To you, who patiently read this long blog, I thank you very much. :D Thanks for putting up with my sh*t. ;P haha! 'til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment