Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

holy kamote for HK!

Prologue:  You are about to read my three and a half days’ worth of summer holidays in a foreign land. It’s been a decade since I last flew outside the country. You can tell how excited I am. I decided to have three blogs to make it short rather than one looooooooong blog.

May 16, the Valencia gals (mum, ate and i) woke up at around 4am to prepare for our flight to Hong Kong. J  I wasn’t able to get some decent sleep ‘coz I was on my vampire mode plus the excitement that was coursing through me. =)  I only slept for two hours. Oh well.  We left at 5.30am and headed for the airport.  We waited if we could make it for the first flight ‘coz they said it was full.  My mum asked everyone she knew for assistance and with so much luck, we made it and were even upgraded to business class. Coooool! J We stayed in the mabuhay lounge while waiting for our flight.  Yummy breakfast.

It was time for our boarding so we went first.  Jahe pa kasi sobrang nagmamadali si mum so hinahabol namin ni ate habang hinihila ang dakilang mga trolley bags namin!  Eh may pretty boy dun na na-harrass ko kasi nasagasaan ko yung paa nya tapos nabangga pa siya ni ate. haaaay!  To make matters worse (or better?), he was behind mum’s seat. Oh my gulay! J

Thankfully, the food tasted good (it should be!) and I survived the trip without being airsick.  We arrived in the airport and took the train going to kowloon tong but got lost on the way there.  My uncle (mum’s cousin) had a place there and was sooooo generous to lend it to us.  He’s a professor in a university there.  Gusto ko nga sana pabasa yung thesis namin kaso feeling ko nosebleed pag nag-explain siya. haha! Bow down to all his accomplishments.  J

We had lunch with him in the university restaurant.  Chinese cuisine baby.  We were so full and after that, we toured the university.  Nalungkot ako kasi yung university nila parang equal to UP dito.  No offense meant to UP pero ang layo ng facilities nila with the City University of Hong Kong.  Alaga yung paaralan eh dito olats.  It all boils down to the kind of government we have.  Napaka- progressive ng Hong Kong. 

After lunch we headed back to my uncle’s place, dropped off our leftovers and bought stuff in Mong Kok.  The cab drivers are pretty bad. haha!  Pa’no naman kasi liko galore sila kala mo mga drifters eh!  Ganun talaga sila mag-drive, barubal! haha!

It was a long day and then we had dinner in kfc in the nearby mall, festival walk.  It was walking distance from our place.  Nakakapagod yung first day namin but super fun. J  The house  was full of books and I grabbed the alchemist to read.  Finally, I dozed off ad woke up for another adventure.

p.s.
Pls. read the coming blogs
for my summer holidays J

4 comments:

  1. asteeggg!! sana nga pnabasa mo thesis natin haha! adik mode lang eh nohh... kainggitt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. huwaaaw business class? lakas ni tita :D congrats nakasurvive ka ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. aynaku MG!addict yun.matindi pa kay racho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. opo.haha!hindi rin.full na kasi economy kaya na-upgrade. thanks!medyo nasasanay na sa paglalakbay.hahaha!

    ReplyDelete